Nav Button Bar

Wednesday 15 January 2014

My Advice - Look Closely....


 If you haven''t yet got to Wintertusk, then you'll probably be leveling up at a fairly steady rate. Wintertusk changes all that. All of a sudden you will get between 6,000 and 15,000 XP - you start to level very quickly. So it was of no surprise that I leveled to 60 last night.

This is a big level to get to because Waterworks is now open. I am told by Morgrim that this dungeon is very hard, but that it has arguably the best gear drops in the game. But I will leave that for another time, I haven't even contemplated this dungeon yet.

What I do like to do on a level up, is pop over to the Bazaar to see if there is any gear worth buying for my new level. After all there is always room for improvement! And there was one item - a hat. I had 195,000 gold, yet I still took a second to consider spending 15,000 on a hat. Was it really worth it? Having access to Halfang did help with my choice though. I hit the Buy button, and then head over to the Treasure Cards to see if there was anything worth buying.

It was then that I noticed my gold balance was now 49,000. What? Back to the Hats list and there it was - that hat had cost me a staggering 155,675 gold - ten times more that I had thought I was spending.

And as you can see from this picture, it is quite a look - not one that I liked at all. So not only had I spent nearly all my gold, but I would also have to re-stitch! Another 32 Gold on a cheap hat and 100 crowns to re-stitch. This was an expensive 10 minutes.

This is how it looks now.... I like these style of hats rather than the helmet style that hide your face and hair.

So my advice is to look closely at that price tag. Or be prepared to spend a lot of time at Halfang if you get it as wrong as I did!

Would love to hear of any Bazaar stories you guys have? I can't be the only one to have made such an expensive purchase by mistake?

Until Next Time,
Tabitha.

No comments:

Post a Comment