Nav Button Bar

Sunday 9 February 2014

Rant time!

OK.  I just thought I'd throw this one out there...

I love playing Wizard101 and I really enjoy all aspects of the game.  But sometimes, when playing the game, there are those little recurring things that just get me every time.

Tonight, for example.  I was wandering through Wysteria and ducked into Tanglewood Way.  I hadn't been there for a while and I enjoy going back and looking over some of the places that I visited on my journey through the Spiral.

As I ducked through the crack in the wall, there was a lone Wiz taking on those tree guys there.  She was doing fine, and I tried to sneak past along the wall.  Needless to say, one of those tree guys tapped me on the shoulder from behind and dragged me from nowhere into the fight I had just been watching.  I apologised to Jenifer and we proceeded to dispatch them.  I can remember how much I avoided those fights back then...but they are surprisingly easy now :)

She was badge collecting and I offered to help dispatch a few more of them.

Well, that is when it started - in the next 3 or 4 fights, all of my pet peeves hit in quick succession!

Pet Peeve Number 1: Deck Fail

I have previously posted by standard street-fighting deck.  It is pretty small and tight and I rely heavily on a meteor for a quick dispatch in round one or two.

But check out this hand! It took 4 rounds to draw a single meteor!  And for the next few fights I just couldn't get my meteors out when I wanted them.


Pet Peeve Number 2: Pip Fail / Noob Pips

After making a new friend in Jenifer, she went off to complete some other quests and I kept mowing through a few more tree men.  It wasn't long before I got a tap - could I give a quick hand in Stormriven.  Jenifer had forgotten that some of those guys can give you a fair whack.

I ported in, and fired off a meteor.  It took out one of the 3 bad guys, but the weakness I had picked up with them going first meant that two of them survived.  Grr...oh, a noob pip!  Ok, that means two more rounds before I go again, and even my wand jabs weren't showing.  Oops - another noob pip!  and another!  C'mon, I know I am Fire, but my Pip % isn't that bad!

4 noob pips launch the final strike, but seriously??!!??

And last night, this picture is a classic double pip fail in what should have been a quick Halfang fight...

Pet Peeve Number 3: Fizzle!
Part way through the next fight, again, ready to light up the sky with a colossalled meteor, and ...fizzle!  <sigh>

You would think I would be used to it by now, but no...it is still disappointing.  And why does it always seem to happen on the kill blow?  The bulk Efreet or the massive Rain of Fire to finish the fight?  Never the smaller spell, just the hammers.

It just seems to happen so regularly on the big hits, it is almost like the percentages work against you more in those situations!

Or maybe I am just paranoid :)

Pet Peeve Number 4: Tower Shields

Taking on these guys in Celestia is good fun.  Ice with 2400 health - I'll smash them all day...except when they through up those Tower Shields.

Fortunately, Jennifer shot off a violently ill and massively oversized Frog that took out the shields, so there was still the satisfying crunch of molten rock on bad guy to see them dispatched....so, yes, it is a Pet Peeve, but not one I had to suffer through...at least not tonight.

Another day, a different fight...another Tower Shield.  His mate died, but this guy lived to fight one more round...

Of course, if I draw one, there is a fair chance I'll use it!! :)

Do you have any Pet Peeves?  Something that just gets you, every time it happens?  If you do, let us know!

Now that I have that off my chest, I'm off and into it again!

See you 'round the Spiral!

Morgrim

No comments:

Post a Comment