Nav Button Bar

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Grub Guardian - Ravenscar

You know, Grub Guardian is pretty addictive! I have been playing it for a while now and have gotten some good drops.  Energy Elixirs are my mine target, and I have had 2 drop so far, but plenty of Fortify Elixirs and even a few nice housing items.

BTW - chatting to Blaze, I found out that I would need to spend Crowns to get to the best places, and Tanglewood Way has been good to me :)

That said, back to the topic of this post.  Cruising through most levels, I came across Ravenscar.  Now this is close to my favourite world in Wizard101.  The scenery, the magic, everything - Grizz rocks.  But playing it on Grub Guardian is quite different, it is just another world/screen.

But wow, it was hard!

I don't know if I was getting lazy or not, but, especially after (Blaze's advice again) lashing out with more Crowns to buy a Star Tower, most levels meant I was cruising.

Ravenscar brought me back to ground.

At first, it was a seemingly simple setup.  A couple of Star Towers, and it was time to punish the bad guys.  Money was coming in thick and fast, and it was another easy level.

Whoa!  What happened?  From smashing one wave to being completely smashed with the next one!  It was all over and I was the loser!  Hang on...that doesn't happen!  Get back in there, I need to go again!

Before too long, it was wham bam and you are over and out again!

...and again...

...and again...

OK - now this just simply isn't right!  I don't lose at these levels?!?  Do I?

So I decided to think about this properly.  What was going wrong?  It was clear that some of these waves had a large number of tough guys and they were completely drawing my Star Towers while their little mates ate all my Grub.  Hmm...OK, let's try something new.

Let's mix up a few towers...some Myth, some Balance...that will make the difference.

...but no.

OK - we'll take a chance and throw in some Death towers for some random kills.



...that has worked a bit better - but still they are killing me.  At least I got to the final round that time!  I actually need to sit down and really think about this one!

Right.  They are strong - need to hit them early with early Fire and central Balance towers to start to bring them down.

Need some bulk Myth at the back to pick them off accurately when they are heavily weakened.

Need some near-maxed Death to get a good percentage of instant kills - and lots of minor Deaths for the chance kills to tip the scales in our favour.

A couple of weighty Storm to damage lines of enemies.

A strong Life to give everyone a boost.

...and finally, I'll throw in some Star Towers.  Hey, I did spend Crowns on them!  At least they will help with the toughest of bosses.

You know what they say, planning is worth the effort.  Have a look and see what you think?


Yep, that's right.  Got 'em.  It was such a relief to get there will all Grub intact.  In fact, for my efforts, I was well rewarded.


A gold medal!  What would my prize be?  Yep, that's right, some Gold and an Ambrose Bomb :(

Oh well.  I have to say, it was good to be challenged!!

And once again, Ravenscar has lived up to what I expect of it!

How did you go when you hit Ravenscar?  Are there any maps that you find difficult?

I know Alia has just started with Grub and she is finding some of the maps difficult as she has never played a Tower Defense game before.   If there are any maps you'd like a hand with, just drop us a note :)

See you 'round the Spiral.

Morgrim

No comments:

Post a Comment