Nav Button Bar

Friday 21 March 2014

Minigame Madness - Chapter 1



Welcome to the first chapter of my adventure through the minigames!

I was fighting my way through Wizard City, but low on health and mana, so I thought I would just use my purple potion for a quick refill, and I continued questing. When it was time to turn in a quest to Merle Ambrose I thought that I should fill up my purple potion to make sure that if I wanted to continue another time I could. I always thought of the minigames as a bit of a chore and when I arrived at the list of games I just couldn't decide which one to try! So I decided to play them all just to see which one I could do easily to reap the best rewards... and give you my opinion on each of them.


The game was fun but proved to be very difficult. The  aim is to shoot the little skeletons out of the sky by shooting a fireball at them. Floating is very difficult, it jumps up quickly and floats a bit before it will go up again. With such a poor ability to maneuver the character it was hard to dodge the enemy who had no problem with "ganking" (attacking the player from different directions all at once to defeat them) my character.

When you manage to actually hit one of the flying skeleton riders their skull will pop off and fall. But if they fall onto a platform they come back as a green skeleton (slightly faster)....  unless you manage to eat the skull first (which will add to your points). If the skull comes off the skeleton and it does not fall onto one of the platforms then the skeleton will not return, but you also lose the points that it would grant you.

The strategy is to hit one and dodge the others to make them fall into a position that will benefit you. Another possible helpful mechanic of the game is to land on one of the floating platforms three times causing the platform to fall until the start of the next match. If you had a lot of practice at this game it could prove to be beneficial, but as it stands I don't think I will be returning to that game any time soon.

Can't wait to see you in game!
Christopher Battlesmith

No comments:

Post a Comment