Nav Button Bar

Monday 16 December 2013

Pet Training - A Simple Trick

Pet training is one of the 'dark arts' of Wizard101.  So much so there are lots of people trying to crack the formula of pet genealogy and training to reveal specific talents.  There is even the Petnome project that is an entire body of work devoted to the subject.

Those people have a lot more information about how it all works than I do, but I do have some simple tricks to share for those of you who are still new to the art of hatching.

People hatch for lots of reasons, but typically it is to give them some advantage in the Spiral or to take part in Pet Derby racing.  Me, I hatch to fight...but no matter what your reason for fighting, sooner or later you will be looking for that special pet - that particular breed that will give you 'something'.

Well, I am fire and once I saw the Coldfire Dragon, I just had to have one...and I have written a post on that part of my pet journey.  I don't know about you, but I am a little impatient at times and I like to know what I have been able to get from the hatch as soon as I can.

...and for this I have a little tip.

When you hatch two pets, you will get one of two outcomes:

  • A pet that is the same as one of the parents or
  • A hybrid pet

Hybrid pets are pretty rare (at this stage) and this means the greatest likelihood is that you will get one of the parents.

Typically, I tend to find I am hatching two pets from different schools.  If this is the case, you can easily tell which you have been able to get.  Simply select "Pets" from your backpack (or hit the letter 'i' on your keyboard) and scroll one pet to the left.  You will see a screen that looks like this:


A friend was hatching their Smith with my Coldfire.  There is no hybrid pet generated from this combination, so I knew I would have either a new Smith or Coldfire to add to my pet pen.

As you can see here, this egg already has a school.  I know the Smith is Ice and the Coldfire is Fire...can you guess what Pet this egg will hatch into?

So, it is a simple trick, but if you are as impatient as I am, it can save you the wait!

See you 'round the Spiral.

Morgrim

No comments:

Post a Comment