Nav Button Bar

Monday 10 June 2013

The Coldfire Dragon

I was farming Halfang the other day with Alia and during one rotation, we joined up with a third person - another Firey.  Typically, a critical colossal meteor and we're done in round one, but as the luck of the draw would have it, even though I am stacked with meteors, I didn't draw one.  Round 2, again, nothing...frustrating.  This fight is already going too long!

One of the curious things about being based in Australia is that there is a fair lag going into fights, and with Halfang, this is no different.  Alia and I found ourselves in slots 2 and 3 (Eye and Star), with our new friend in the Sun spot.  After feeling somewhat relieved to see my colossal/meteor combo finally available, I scanned the spells for the round, and saw some strange kind of spell in the hands of the Firey.  Before I could check out what it did, the fight was on.

A strange creature emerged and proceeded to slam into Halfang and his cronies for 1044 damage, but then threw in a smokescreen for good measure.  "Nice spell" I thought, but it wasn't finished.  As a finale, it also gave the team a +9% piercing for all schools!  Amazing!

I had to find out what the spell was.  Our new friend wasn't particularly talkative, but did stay to farm, so next time I was ready.  

Aha!  The spell was called "Eirikur Axebreaker" and it was a fire spell!  A quick trip to Wizard101Central and I knew I needed to get back to Winterbane Hall as that was clearly the source of the spell.  It was an ItemCard attached to a strange pet that I had never heard of...something called a Coldfire Dragon!

None of the authors on this blog have Winterbane (yet!) as we cannot buy it in Australia, however, one of our friends did.  It was good to see that he was on, and he keen to go for a run through the dungeon.  The only problem was, two runs later, and no Coldfire Dragon in sight.

Hmmm...

Plan B (in hindsight, should have been Plan A!)

So, it was off to the Pet Pavillion and as soon as I walked in, I spotted a Coldfire Dragon off to the right.  My standard pet is a well bred Penumbra Drake, which many people seem to like, so I asked for a hatch.  He was keen, but had just hatched.  It was tantalisingly close.  While gifting people is pretty much off limits for us, Purreau's Potion #9 was on special for 300 Crowns.  It was like it was meant to be :)

It didn't take much convincing to buy a potion for my new friend and enter the Hatchery.  Now, it was all in the lap of the KI 'formula for figuring out what pet you get' when you hatch.  Something I have to say, I have never been able to figure out! (if anyone knows, please leave me a comment!)  It would be either a Penumbra or a Coldfire.

Yes!  A Mysterious Egg!  


 


It seems that this time, my quest for the Coldfire Dragon was a success.  There will be some long weeks ahead of me to get his stats and talents right, but at least I have made a start.

1 comment:

  1. do you know anyone I can hatch with to get a coldfire dragon I've been trying to get one for months.

    ReplyDelete