Nav Button Bar

Saturday 23 August 2014

Ch-ch-ch-Changes!

Hey Everyone,

Been away for most of the week, so it's a little slow over here at the Keep. Just to make sure I hadn't missed anything, I thought I would pop over to the Monthly update on wizard101.com. I don't do this often enough, and lo and behold there was an update there that I had not yet seen. Just in case you guys have missed it too, I have posted it here. This is not a game change, but worth watching this space to see what Leala and Tom have in store :)

Community Management

We’ve got a really important announcement this month about some changes in Community Management at KingsIsle! There’s a new face and an exciting announcement about Kiersten Samwell pursuing her dreams as a game designer. While it’s sad to say goodbye to a valued friend to the Community, read on and you’ll see that the Old Professor Greyrose isn’t moving far at all. Tom Purdue (also known as One-Eyed Jack on the Pirate101 Message Boards) will also be pitching in to assist Wizard101 players as “Dworgyn” on Social Media and elsewhere. Exciting times are upon us! Read on!


 New Opportunities

I’ve been on this magical adventure with all of you for a little over six years, as your Wizard101 Community Manager. In that time, it’s been my privilege to be a part of this amazing community and now a rare opportunity has come along that allows me to better serve the community and the game as a whole, as a Game Designer on the Wizard101 team.

But don't worry, I'm not that far away (really only about 20 feet!) and I’m leaving you in the best hands, with our new Associate Community Manager; Leala Ulrich.

"I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when Professor Greyrose was me."

Kiersten Samwell - Game Systems Designer - Wizard101

Introducing New Faces!

Greetings young Wizards,

“Does anyone know how to fly this thing?”

Some of you may know me as Leesha Darkheart from Ravenwood Radio, but all of you will soon get to know me even better as your Associate Community Manager and the shiny new (still not ginger) face of Professor Greyrose. As Kiersten moves on to make amazing content for Wizard101 as a game designer, she has passed down her famous wand to me. While these are some big (or actually quite tiny) shoes to fill, I hope to be up to the task. I'm excited to get to work with such an amazing community and teammate in Tom aka Dworgyn!

My love of KingsIsle games goes back many years, to 2009 when I discovered Wizard101. I enjoyed playing the game so much that I wanted to share it with everyone! So with the help of my friend Stephen Spiritcaller, we started Wizard101's first podcast, Ravenwood Radio. Through running an official fansite I got to meet so many members of Wizard101's helpful and welcoming community. It was such an exciting and educational experience. It changed the way I thought about video games and started me down the path to becoming a Community Manager. Getting to share your enthusiasm for the KingsIsle games that we all love is an amazing job, and I can't wait to get started!

Tom and I have some great ideas for fun events to share with the community. So keep an eye out as I hope you'll be seeing more of the both of us, as we strive to serve the KI community even better!

Leala (Leesha)

Hope you found this of interest!

Tabitha.

No comments:

Post a Comment